Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Working in a Japanese Restaurant!

Konnichiwa Everyone! Sorry I haven't blogged in a while but my life is moving forward and I plan to share any and all events about Japan in El Paso.

Firstly, I gotta share that I got a Job at a Japanese Restaurant in El Paso, Texas of course.

If you didn't know, most Japanese restaurants in El Paso are owned by other nationalities but Japanese. 
Where I now work is the ONLY restaurant in El Paso that is owned by a Japanese family. 

Yes! I worked Matsuharu Japanese Restaurant located in Northeast El Paso on Hercules.

Yes, I may be a Latina myself but I would label myself differently from an average person who loves Japan for the anime and manga. I truly love the beauty of Japan, but mostly the traditional culture. The family is owned by a lovely Japanese lady name Tami-san who is a well respected woman. I have known the family for almost 3 years now so I have got to say I asked her if I could help hence me getting hired.

The food at Matsuharu is very authentic and is the closest us El Pasoans can get to a taste of Japan!
I recommend the Katsu Curry and the Ramen. YES I KNOW, THEY HAVE RAMEN!!!!

Oh! And you know that omelet with ketchup we all see on anime called Omurice, THEY HAVE IT!

I must, say I serve people from all walks of life. Military, people who lived in Japan, people who aspire to live in Japan and Japanese people. Yes I try my best to speak Japanese saying "Hai!" alot as confirmation.

I am so happy I got this job as it is my first job I have with a family I love and the restaurant I love.
It is a lot of work but I enjoy it. I get to meet tons of people who appreciate the culture and when I can I can sneak looks at the Japanese TV they always have playing. Ill post there Facebook in the links on the right so you can try is off! 

See yall later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment